Auto Insurance | Redmond, WA
Team AYAO is a team of dependable insurance agents committed to help you during difficult situations, such as a car accident or a flooded basement. We will always pick up your phone calls and promptly return your emails.
Agency owner, Alice Yao, is a proud University of Washington alumni and has been a licensed insurance agent since 2007. Alice is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and has been serving local residents for more than 14 years. Alice and her team is committed to helping customers with their insurance needs in Redmond, WA and all over Washington state.
You can count on us!
We all want cheap insurance, but more importantly, we want dependable insurance. Here at Team AYAO, we understand the importance of being there for our customers. Everyone needs insurance so make sure you choose an agency that you can trust to be there for you.
See what our customers have to say about our highly-rated service:
- Alice and her team is amazing! I found them through Allstate's local agent search since I was relocating to Seattle and needed help for renters and auto insurance. I can see why Alice and her team was highly recommended. They are very reliable, informative, prompt, and above and beyond. The process was very smooth since they were there every step of the way; and also were patient and even provided solutions whenever we hit roadblocks. I am glad to have found such an amazing team and can look forward to knowing I am in good hands.
- Alice is the best insurance agent I have had to date. She is extremely professional and responsive to emails and calls even on the weekend. Occasionally things do slip through the cracks with all of the moving parts at Allstate as a whole, but whenever there is a problem, Alice always takes care of it promptly.
- Alice came highly recommended to me from a good friend of ours. So when my auto insurance was about to renew, I reached out to Alice to see if she could review my policy and helped me save some costs. She was so thorough in going over all the details of my policies with me and really took the time to explain how my coverages work. The quotes came out just about the same as my current (or I should say previous) policies but I decided to switch to Alice. I love how responsive and dedicated she is. I can see why my friend recommended Alice and I am a happy customer now!
Get an auto insurance quote in Redmond with dependable service from friendly local agents. We will help you to compare your current car insurance and go over all of the coverages in your insurance estimate.
We are here to answer your questions.
When shopping for car insurance with different insurance companies, it's important to make sure these quotes have comparable coverage limits and deductibles.
Here are some quick tips when shopping for auto insurance:
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability meet the Washington state legal requirement. We strongly recommend discussing with an insurance professional before choosing these limits.
- Deductibles for Comprehensive and Collision coverages are the same in the comparable quotes. Both of these coverages are required if your car is leased or financed.
- Uninsured Motorist and Personal Injury Protection coverages are offered to you. In Washington state, both of these coverages are required to be offered to you during the coverage selection process.
- Emergency roadside coverage and rental car/travel expense coverage. These coverages come in handy at the time of a claim, so be sure to look for these optional coverages when obtaining a quote.
Each city may have its own level of risk when it comes to auto insurance. Keep in mind that your auto insurance rate in Redmond, WA may be different than another person insured in Kirkland.
Auto Insurance 101
Also known as the “other person” coverage, auto liability is the coverage on your policy that covers injuries and damages to the other driver and/or passengers if you were at fault in a car accident.
This is also the coverage that is required by law in Washington state if the car is registered in the state.
Collision coverage is the coverage used to repair or replace your own car, if it was damaged in an accident with another car or in a rollover crash.
This coverage is optional unless it is required by your lender or lessor.
For older cars, we often review the policy with our customers to determine the proper coverage needed as the cost of repair may exceed the value of the car.
Comprehensive coverage is the enhanced protection for your own car and it will cover damages that are not result of a collision or rollover.
Like collision coverage, this coverage is optional unless it is required by your lender or lessor.
The most common usage of comprehensive coverage is for a windshield repair or replacement. We recommend this coverage if you have a car that's less than few years old.
Tips and Resources for Redmond
If you are new to Redmond, here are some local resources that may help you.
Driver Licensing Office
Good news, there is a licensing office right in the heart of Redmond! It is conveniently located in a strip mall across from Redmond Town Center, and it is right next to a Petco:
7225 170th Ave NE
Redmond, WA 98052
Redmond and Renton are only the two DMV offices in the Eastside. There were a lot more offices, but nearly all of them were closed down permanently in 2009 as part of the cost-cutting measures to the Department of Licensing: Kirkland Department of Licensing to close in September, merge with Bellevue.
Our suggestion is to plan ahead for at least an hour and expect a wait. Good news is that there are a lot of great restaurants in the Town Center as tasty rewards afterwards.
Renewing Tabs & Transferring of Title
Keep in mind, if you are renewing your car tabs or transferring your car title, you can actually visit one of the many privately owned licensing offices.
In our experience, these smaller offices provide a more personalized service and is often a lot faster. One of our favorite offices is Worthington Licensing, which is located in Bothell and pretty close to Redmond.
Here are some of the services that are offered:
- Report of sale
- Trip and transit permits
- Applying for disabled parking permits
- Pet licensing
- Notary service
Worthington Licensing is also right next to several popular restaurants, which can be part of a perfect lunch break schedule.
We visited Worthington this past September to renew our tab and we were very happy with its service. One of the staff greeted us as soon as we walked into the door and the whole tab renewing process took less than 3 minutes. We highly recommend Worthington to all of our friends and customers.
Auto Detailing Service
We all like to keep our car nice and clean, but sometime it takes a professional to make it really shine, both inside and outside.
Our favorite place for auto detailing in Redmond is Metropolitan Detail Express in Redmond Town Center:
We came across Metropolitan when we were visiting the old REI and thought it was pretty convenient to drop off our car and shop. As it turned out, it was a great decision because Metropolitan did a great job and we were very impressed by the level of thoroughness. It was as if we had a new car!
It looks like Metropolitan has made some upgrades to its scheduling system and that everything is done through its website.
Get a gift card to Metropolitan Detail Express!
Mention this review when you call for a quote and we will give you a $20 gift card to Metropolitan Detail Express. We encourage everyone to support our local small businesses!
Is AYAO Insurance Near Me?
Our office is located conveniently in Kirkland.
If you are coming from Redmond, WA
- Head north on 164th Ave NE toward Gilman St
- Continue onto WA-202 W/Woodinville - Redmond Rd NE
- Turn left onto NE 124th St
- Continue for about 1/2 mile
- On your right, you will see Kitanda Espresso and Kirkland Fireplace
- Pull into the plaza and drive toward the other end
- Our office is right next to Kirkland Fireplace