Auto Insurance | Kenmore, WA
Team AYAO is a team of local insurance agents committed to help you answer questions about your insurance, and provide dependable service during difficult situations. We will always pick up your phone calls and promptly return your emails.
Agency owner, Alice Yao has been a licensed insurance agent since 2007 and is a proud graduate from the University of Washington. Alice is bilingual and fluent in Mandarin Chinese. With more than 14 years of experience serving local residents in the Eastside, Alice and her team is committed to be transparent and trustworthy. If you are in Kenmore, please consider giving us a call.
You can count on us!
We all want cheap insurance, but more importantly, we want reliable insurance. As your local insurance agency, we understand the importance of being there for our customers. Everyone needs insurance, so make sure you choose a local agency that you can trust to be there for you.
See what our customers have to say about our highly-rated service:
- Alice and her team is amazing! I found them through Allstate's local agent search since I was relocating to Seattle and needed help for renters and auto insurance. I can see why Alice and her team was highly recommended. They are very reliable, informative, prompt, and above and beyond. The process was very smooth since they were there every step of the way; and also were patient and even provided solutions whenever we hit roadblocks. I am glad to have found such an amazing team and can look forward to knowing I am in good hands.
- Alice is the best insurance agent I have had to date. She is extremely professional and responsive to emails and calls even on the weekend. Occasionally things do slip through the cracks with all of the moving parts at Allstate as a whole, but whenever there is a problem, Alice always takes care of it promptly.
Get an auto insurance quote in Kenmore with dependable service from friendly local agents. We will help you to compare your current car insurance and go over all of the coverages in your insurance estimate.
We are here to answer your questions.
When shopping for car insurance with different insurance companies, it's important to make sure these quotes have comparable coverage limits and deductibles.
Here are some quick tips when shopping for auto insurance:
- Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability meet the Washington state legal requirement. We strongly recommend discussing with an insurance professional before choosing these limits.
- Deductibles for Comprehensive and Collision coverages are the same in the comparable quotes. Both of these coverages are required if your car is leased or financed.
- Uninsured Motorist and Personal Injury Protection coverages are offered to you. In Washington state, both of these coverages are required to be offered to you during the coverage selection process.
- Emergency roadside coverage and rental car/travel expense coverage. These coverages come in handy at the time of a claim, so be sure to look for these optional coverages when obtaining a quote.
Each city may have its own level of risk when it comes to auto insurance. Keep in mind that your auto insurance rate in Kenmore, WA may be different than another person insured in Redmond.
Auto Insurance 101
Also known as the “other person” coverage, auto liability is the coverage on your policy that covers injuries and damages to the other driver and/or passengers if you were at fault in a car accident.
This is also the coverage that is required by law in Washington state if the car is registered in the state.
Personal injury protection coverage:
If you are injured in a car accident, the coverage that will take care of your injuries is the personal injury protection (PIP) coverage on your car insurance policy.
The best feature of PIP coverage is its immediate benefits after an accident. PIP is also commonly known as the “no-fault coverage” which means the benefits will apply regardless who was at fault for the accident.
Learn more: Personal Injury Protection Coverage.
Uninsured motorist coverage:
If you happen to be in an accident where the other driver is responsible but he or she does not have an active insurance policy in place, the uninsured motorist coverage on your insurance policy will cover for your car repairs and your injuries from the accident.
Without uninsured motorist coverage, if you were hit by someone without insurance, you would have to use your own collision coverage to fix your car damages and personal injury protection coverage to visit the doctor for injuries. If you didn’t carry collision or PIP coverage, you would have to independently pursue any accident-related costs directly from the responsible driver.
Learn more: Uninsured Motorist Coverage.
Tips and Resources for Kenmore
If you are new to Kenmore, here are some local resources that may help you.
Driver Licensing Office
There are couple options near Kenmore: Shoreline and Lynnwood each has a driver licensing office that's less than 10 miles away from Kenmore, WA.
In terms of distance, the Shoreline office is closer and may be a better option depending on traffic:
Several years ago, many cities in the Eastside had its own driver licensing office, including Kenmore/Bothell. The old office in Bothell Landing was closed in parts due to the cost-cutting measures for the Department of Licensing and loss of lease as part of Bothell's redeveloping of downtown area: Bothell licensing office to close next month.
Renewing Tabs & Transferring of Title
If you are new to Washington state, you may not be aware that you can transfer your car title in a non-DMV office by visiting one of the many privately operated licensing offices.
One of our favorite licensing offices is very close to Kenmore and is just down the road in Bothell. Worthington Licensing has been serving Bothell and its surrounding areas for more than 75 years. It is located right across from Bothell City Hall in downtown Bothell and it's right next to several great restaurants.
Here are some of the services that are offered:
- Report of sale
- Trip and transit permits
- Applying for disabled parking permits
- Pet licensing
- Notary service
I visited Worthington this past year to renew my own tab and I was very happy with the service. As soon as I walked into the cute blue building, I was greeted by one of the friendly staff. I didn't have to grab a number or wait for it to be called.
The entire process took less than 3 minutes and I was on my way - I even had time to grab a sandwich near by.
Auto Repair Service
Car issues can be a headache, especially if you're like me, who don't really know a whole lot about cars. It can also be hard to find a reliable auto repair shop that you can trust to do good work and not charge too much.
If you are in Kenmore, we recommend Kenmore Automotive. It is conveniently located right off Bothell Way and has been providing auto repair services for more than 15 years.
Kenmore Automotive has more than 80 reviews in Google with a 4.9 rating out of 5.0. Many of the reviews recommend Kenmore Automotive for its value, experience, and honesty in its work. Kenmore Automotive also has more than 30 reviews on Yelp, with a lot of positive recommendations that the shop is reliable and fairly priced.
We recommend if you have any issues with your car to check out Kenmore Automotive.
Get a gift card to Kenmore Automotive!
Mention this review when you call for a quote and we will give you a $20 gift card to Kenmore Automotive. We encourage everyone to support our local small businesses!
Is AYAO Insurance Near Me?
Our office is located conveniently in Kirkland.
If you are coming from Kenmore, WA
- Take NE 181st St/Porter Rd to WA-522/NE Bothell Way
- Head north on 68th Ave NE toward NE Bothell Way
- Turn right onto NE 181st St/Porter Rd
- Turn right onto 73rd Ave NE
- Continue on WA-522
- Take I-405 S to NE 124th St in Kirkland
- Take exit 20 from I-405 S
- Turn left onto NE 124th St
- Continue for about 1/2 mile
- On your left, you will see Kitanda Espresso and Kirkland Fireplace
- Pull into the plaza and drive toward the other end
- Our office is right next to Kirkland Fireplace